Position Title: Sales Associate/Order Processor
Department Name: Marketing
Effective Date: November 2018/updated January 2021
Position Reports To: Wholesale Account Manager
Description of Position:
The Sales Associate/Order Processor is responsible for processing purchase orders by researching stock availability and freight costs to determine the most economical source for shipping.
Key Accountability #1
Tracking of shipments
- Update System with FedEx & UPS Ground Tracking numbers
- Update System with LTL Truck Shipment information
- Send all tracking and truck information to Customer
- Audit purchase orders
Key Accountability #2
- Send emails to customers with copy of invoice when order is shipped
- Send updates to customers for backorders or future shipment data
- Answer customer questions via email and phones
- Provide customers with bank information or credit application for payment
Key Accountability #3
- Quote product prices and SKUs
- Quote truck/pallet shipments after confirming size and weight of pallets
- Daily quotes for customers
Key Accountability #4
Packing and Shipping
- Provide packing list and shipment label information for Ship1
- Send packing list to Ship2 with shipping instructions for all non-Goodfield, IL sourced orders
- Create labels and send to shipping as appropriate
- Update status on orders from backorder to pending to shipped
- Confidential discussions such as employee issues, company sales, company challenges, stay confidential.
- Trusted by employees to handle questions in a confidential matter.
- Enthusiastically engage in your work.
- Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect.
- Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality for the customer and fellow peers.
- Striving daily to improve the Company, co-workers and self.
- Embrace and promote innovation and transformation. Have the courage to respectfully challenge the status quo.
- Believe in sharing results, learning from mistakes and celebrating successes.
- Collaborate across departments to ensure best practice outcomes.
- Seek to understand and open to different thoughts and perspectives.
Quality of Work
- Leverage skills and abilities to provide the best customer experience.
- Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
- Accountable for individual actions and contributing to team performance.
- Responsible for problem solving regardless of the origin.
- Show up for work on time everyday and produce consistent work .
- Apply company policies and business strategies to all tasks and assignments.
Education - High school diploma required
Experience- 1-3 years of previous experience in Online Sales preferred
License/Certification - n/a
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities - Gmail, Google drive applications preferred
Physical Requirements Visual acuity, Talking, Hearing with or without correction, Repetitive motion- computer typing, Walking and Standing are occasionally required
Lifting Requirements Light Work
Atmospheric Conditions Typical office/administrative work with occasional exposure to warehouse conditions
Submit your resume to email@example.com.