- 3/4" by 500ft Roll of Pex Tubing (red)
- Oxygen Barrier (EVOH)
- In-Floor Heating Application
- ASTM F876, ASTM F877, CSA B137.5, and ANSI/NSF 14 Certified
- 25 Year Factory Warranty
5/8" PEX Tubing with Oxygen Barrier (EVOH) is used for residential and commercial radiant heating applications. With the same properties as PEX non barrier pipes, EVOH PEX barrier pipe keeps oxygen and other elements from infiltrating and corrupting the key mechanical components in heating systems. Tubing is marked every 5ft with length, ASTM standards, approvals, certifications, pressure ratings and other technical information.
Compatible with 5/8" PEX adapter, PEX-M12-58A (sold separately).
Standards, Certifications & Approvals:
- 5/8" PEX tubing w/ Oxygen Barrier is common for the following radiant floor heating applications:
- Structural concrete slabs (rebar or wire mesh reinforced slabs)
- Non-structural slabs (thermal mass, gypsum slabs)
- Staple-up (between joists) radiant floor heating with and without heat transfer plates
- "Sandwich" types radiant heating (between subfloor and finished floor)
- Snow & ice melting systems
- Baseboard & radiator heating systems
- ASTM F876: Standard Specification for Crosslinked Polyethylene (PEX) Tubing
- ASTM F877: Standard Specification for Crosslinked Polyethylene (PEX) Plastic Hot- and Cold-Water Distribution Systems
- CSA B137.5: Cross Linked Polyethylene (PEX) Tubing Systems for Pressure Applications
- ANSI/NSF 61-G, NSF-pw (certified for Potable Water Applications)
- PEX type: PEX-b
- PEX tubing size: 5/8"
- OD: 0.75"
- ID: 0.574"
- Pressure ratings: 100psi @ 180F, 160psi @ 73F
- Minimum bending radius: 5" (industry standard for 1/2" PEX)
- SDR-9 dimensional standards; Pex 5006
- Crimp Connection System (Crimp Tool + Crimp Rings + Crimp Fittings)
- Cinch (Clamp) Connection System (Cinch Tool + St. Steel Clamps + Crimp Fittings)
- Press System (by Viega)
- Sharkbite Fittings
- Compression PEX Fittings
- And others
Where to Buy: Amazon | eBay | Walmart